"I wish I took this training before my secretary quit" That is what a department director wrote in his evaluation sheet of our Listening for Understanding. Communicating for Commitment workshop.
Powerful program to teach communication skills, including speaking, listening, giving feedback, and communicating to resolve conflict.
At Rikers Island Correction Facility (prison) in New York a few years ago, this workshop was presented to managers working in perhaps the toughest work culture in the world: delivering health services to the inmates of the jail facility.
The dramatic change in attitude and communication practices after the workshop was noticeable to participants and to top leadership that wrote to us in recognition of our work.
- Develop awareness of how your own attitude impacts and shapes the communication you use. In this regard you will:
- Discover the different communication styles available to you.
- Develop a positive communication style that builds trust and respect, and helps you work effectively with others.
- Develop a host of effective speaking skills that produce action and results.
- Develop effective listening skills to bridge barriers of differences, perceptions, and styles and create understanding and agreement.
- Choose from a battery of communication techniques that apply in a variety of situations including communicating with angry persons.
- Our suggested schedule enables you to complete your certification in about four weeks from the time you start. This is based on spending one week on each of the four Sections of the certification program outlined below. But you can go faster or slower as it suites you, Provided you finish all certification work within a 6-month period. When you complete all requirements you receive your certificate.
For the sections below, you will:
- Receive the documents by e-mail in MS Word and PP slides.
- Attend webinars (online seminars) covering the material..
- Do Assignments, and participate with other learners in a Wiki (collaborative authoring and editing of articles and ideas. You will learn how to use it.)
- Section 1: The complete Heart & Mind Methodology: You will first learn our Heart & Mind Methodology, which comes with your certification. This program ensures that you learn the most advanced concepts of communication design and delivery, which will significantly enhance your training and facilitation skills.
- Section 2: The Communication Effectiveness Profile (CEP: What Are You Saying).
- Section 3: First half of the Listening for Understanding Communication for Commitment workshop materials with its applicable assignment.
- Section 4: Second half of the Listening for Understanding Communicating for Commitment workshop with its applicable assignment.
In addition, you get our complete Coaching Course, as part of our 3-in-1 Certification.
Note: You may want to take advantage of significant savings when you add a second or third topic / workshop to your certification.